white pain

white pain
killer snow hits the Midwest

Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Grandest Canyon

Summer always getting me thinking about our grand National Parks, and unfortunately, this year visiting the parks, at least the western ones, is not part of my agenda. Of course, that doesn't mean that I won't enjoy the beauty of one of the more eastern or midwest parks. Maybe Boundary Waters or Great Smokies...who knows. I will always love the Grand Canyon for it's sheer awesomeness...it is the most amazing place; magical, mysterious and utterly mystifying in it's scale. Someday I am going to do the raft trip and also do the hike to Angel Falls.

2 comments:

  1. Ah my neck of the woods. Thankfully it is monsoon season now and not quite so hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Grand Canyon so much. I feel I am on a spirtual journey when I travel there. My youngest son, Eric, and his girlfriend hiked down this spring and camped at Angel Falls. Arizona has many amazing natural and historic wonders. Have you been to Wupataki Ruins or Tonto State Park?

    ReplyDelete