white pain

white pain
killer snow hits the Midwest

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Flea Market Daze

Today is the first Sunday of the month, so it's off to Lawrenceburg, Indiana for the monthly Sunday Antique Market. I'm always on the lookout for linens and especially curtains; lace, dotted swiss, barkcloth. I ran out of the house without my checkout and only took out $60, so my buying was greatly curtailed. I found a neat wire basket and a great cake tin with an aeroview of Manhattan and scenes of NYC on the four sides of the tin. Jim said it was very Ayn Rand. I think we might have to keep it! My favorite linen dealer, Beth, was excited to show my the collection of Victorian linens she has been stockpiling....and oh my goodness, they were extraordinary! Shams, a beautiful sheet, monograms, gorgeous and the best old fabric. Beth was a doll and took a deposit, since I was cash poor. I'm going to meet her in Covington to pick up all my goodies.

2 comments:

  1. Oh I surely can't wait to see what you found. I do indeed adore a good treasure.

    Just so you know our family pet is a dachshund named Rudi. So my husband and I decided, tongue in cheek, that the initials wRm could stand for wiener Rudi majesty or woman Rudi man as he truly loves to get in between us whenever he can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Laura,
    I'm picking up my treasures today! I can't wait to see all these beautiful linens again. There is truly nothing like the look and hand of a Victorian era linen sham. I look forward to sharing these on mamavintage.
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete