white pain

white pain
killer snow hits the Midwest

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Heat Wave via Global Warming

Yesterday, here in the Queen City, was the hottest day ever. I think it was 109F with the heat index. There was getting around it...it was impossible to feel ok about being outside. I've taken to wearing a Banana Republic gray tank top with the sheerest little cotton shirt and cotton carpenter shorts and this has become my daily uniform. I even go jogging in this getup. Well, I drove to Covington to pick up some dandy linens from my beloved linen guru Beth and almost cooked while walking down the street. Seriously. Felt like the Earth left the oven on while us earthlings were just sitting on the oven shelf. Nothing like feeling like you are slowing being heated up, with no control!
I've also taken to wearing the hair up in a little bun. This little vintage crochet top might be my next going out look...hmmm. Maybe layered over the tank  top.

No comments:

Post a Comment