white pain

white pain
killer snow hits the Midwest

Friday, August 13, 2010

Ancient History

In June, my sister Cindy and I went on a rescue mission. Saving old photos and memorablia from The Old Lawton House. We scooped up several stinky boxes of photographs and other ephemera. I haven't had a chance to even look at them since our initial sorting-out and they are still in my car. But today I had to retrieve something out of the car, and happened upon a primitive little wooden box with yarn, shells and other trinkets saved. Found these two images which I dearly love. One is of a twisted tree--very strange. I don't know what kind of tree it is, but it is really bizaar. The other image I think is one of the mighty oaks that lined the drive. A pretty girl with a straw hat and a white dog is posing in front of the tree. We always called these oaks the "Snake Trees" because of the abundance of black snakes that habitated there.

No comments:

Post a Comment