white pain

white pain
killer snow hits the Midwest

Saturday, August 7, 2010

The World's Biggest Yard Sale, Part 1

So yesterday was my day to visit the World's Biggest Yard Sale in Covington, Kentucky. I think this is the "headwaters" for this happening event. I arrived fairly early, around eightish, and was off to the races, so to speak. My first find was four roller skating cases, super colorful with neat graphic appeal. The girl was a collector and I think she regretted selling them. I love them! You will see them in my shop, because I collect wicker and leather suitcases and can't start another suitcase fetish :). I also bought a small vintage globe from her. Then to a wonderful older Irish woman who had some beautiful clothes. I bought a thirties crepe dress in a lovely rich cream. I think she wanted to sell it to my friend Emily, who owns the charming Otto's restaurant, but I really wanted it. It also will go into the shop. Then, the most beautiful, aged doctor's bag. I really love this and might keep it around for a bit and love on it. I am posting a photo of a charming tinted photograph I bought today (I'm bad, went today also!) of a Jane Hathaway type camper with her muskie catch.

No comments:

Post a Comment