white pain

white pain
killer snow hits the Midwest

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Trials of City Living

I guess it  doesn't matter if you live in the country or the city, but I don't like the whole locking-up-everything mentality. I do lock my car and my house at night, but recently, after several thefts, I have taken to shutting all the downstairs windows and locking them and also leaving porch lights on. I really hate that stale air that hits me when I walk downstairs. Well, I'm the naive one and rather stupid, because I have left my garage unlocked and no surprise, got my mower stolen. They must have come in the heavy bi-fold doors around 2:00AM (my neighbor's dog barked then, they told me), so they had to move a little iron fence, then  shuffle things around in the garage to get the mower out). The thing is, I think I know who did it...a naer-to-well kid who I am sure is a crackhead. So, I have a lock on the door now and am pulling my Element all the way to the heavy bi-fold doors, so there is no way to open them. Today I am going to cable lock them from the interior. But being city or country, thieves will always happen. p.s. the rhodendron is from my city garden this spring and has nothing to do with thievery :)

2 comments:

  1. That is terrible. It seems like such an horrible invasion to have someone in your space.(((Leanne)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep your head up, ma. I'll come and mow the lawn for you in a few weeks.

    ReplyDelete