white pain

white pain
killer snow hits the Midwest

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Missing My Dogs

August marks the anniversary of Bob, my big collie's death. Bob was a big, beautiful boy and he is missed. I found Bob about 12 years ago, after my other collie, Dugan was hit by a car. It was a nasty accident, but Dugan survived, but was crippled by the bad break. Well, I was going to the Y, and there was Bob, trotting down the sidewalk, dragging a big chain behind him. He was friendly and I grabbed the chain and walked him home. I reported him as a lost dog to the SPCA and the owner was located. He didn't want Bob! He was a minister ready to go out West and I guess Bob was too much to deal with. Well, he did tell me a funny story about going to Kings Island (an amusement park) and people seeing Bob in the car (I don't know why Bob was taken to an amusement park) thought that Bob was an attraction! I thought that was funny.
I hope you are looking down from Heaven, Bob and knowing that we love you.

2 comments:

  1. You need to adopt a German Shepherd, Collie, or other friendly loud dog to help protect you from marauding lawnmower thieves and downspout wranglers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, I agree...no pocketbook puppies for mama!

    ReplyDelete